St Veep is a small parish near the River Fowey, east of Lostwithiel. St Cleer is fourteen miles so the north west, on the edge of Bodmin Moor.
Descendants of the well-researched Yeos of Totnes might have settled in St Veep in the 18th century but there were Yeos in the area already. These include some of the descendants of Philip Yeo and Margaret Bond of North Tamerton (Philip was baptised at Stratton in 1670 to parents John Yeo and Martha Hambling – see A butcher from Hill Head?).
Market gardener Richard Yeo was buried at St Veep in 1897; the inscription on his headstone reads ‘In Loving Memory of Richard Yeo who died at St Veep May 12th 1897 aged 65 years. Also of Elizabeth wife of the above who died July 29th 1920 aged 86 years’.