John Yeo (1793–1876) was the eldest of four sons of John Yeo and Elizabeth Punchard of Atherington (see under James Yeo and Elizabeth Smith).
He married Margery Stacey at Tawstock in 1821; they lived at Tawstock and later at Fremington, and had seven children:
– William Yeo (see below)
– John Yeo (see John Yeo and Elizabeth Brace)
– Elizabeth Yeo (baptised 1827, married William Squire)
– Henry Yeo (baptised 1827)
– Thomas Yeo (baptised 1830, married Ann Janes and Mary Hartnol, no recorded children)
– James Yeo (baptised 1832)
– Mary Yeo (baptised 1835, married Thomas Squire).
William Yeo (baptised 1821, son of John Yeo and Margery Stacey) married Maria Fisher in 1842. They had six children:
– Mary Yeo (born c1843)
– Thomas Yeo (born c1845)
– Elizabeth Yeo (born c1847)
– William Yeo (born c1850)
– John Yeo (born c1852)
– James Yeo (see below).
John Yeo (1824–1887, son of John Yeo and Margery Stacey) married Elizabeth Brace at Tawstock on 1851. They had fourteen children and have been studied by Sheila’s correspondent Kaye Kelly.
James Yeo (1855–1909, son of William Yeo and Maria Fisher) married Caroline Hill. They had four children:
– Charles Yeo (born at Chulmleigh in 1874)
– Mary Maria Yeo (born at Bishops Tawton in 1878)
– Louisa Florence Yeo (born at Woodbury in 1880)
– Eliza Yeo (see Charles Henry Basting and Eliza Yeo)
If you are related to this family, or can add to or correct the information shown, please use the Contact Us page.