John Yeo (1793–1876) was the eldest of four sons of John Yeo and Elizabeth Punchard of Atherington (see under James Yeo and Elizabeth Smith).
He married Margery Stacey at Tawstock in 1821; they lived at Tawstock and later at Fremington, and had seven children:
– William Yeo (see below)
– John Yeo (see John Yeo and Elizabeth Brace)
– Elizabeth Yeo (baptised 1827, married William Squire)
– Henry Yeo (baptised 1827)
– Thomas Yeo (see below)
– James Yeo (baptised 1832)
– Mary Yeo (baptised 1835, married Thomas Squire).
Thomas Yeo (1830–1883, son of John Yeo and Margery Stacey) married twice. He married Ann Janes at Tawstock in 1852; they had two children before her death in 1872:
– James Yeo (see below)
– Elizabeth Yeo (born Tawstock 1857).
Thomas’s second marriage was to Mary Hartnol at Tawstock on 3 May 1874. They had four children:
– George Yeo (born Tawstock 1874, married Louisa Joslin, son William Francis Yeo, see below)
– Thomas Yeo (born Tawstock 1876)
– Emily Yeo (born Tawstock 1878, married William Baker)
– Annie Yeo (born Tawstock 1881, married Arthur Goddard).
William Yeo (baptised 1821, son of John Yeo and Margery Stacey) married Maria Fisher in 1842. They had six children:
– Mary Yeo (born c1843)
– Thomas Yeo (born c1845)
– Elizabeth Yeo (born c1847)
– William Yeo (born c1850)
– John Yeo (born c1852)
– James Yeo (see below).
John Yeo (1824–1887, son of John Yeo and Margery Stacey) married Elizabeth Brace at Tawstock on 1851. They had fourteen children and have been studied by Sheila’s correspondent Kaye Kelly.
James Yeo (born Tawstock 1853, married Mary Ann Palmer at Tawstock on 9 June 1873. They had three children:
– Absalom James Yeo (1875–1947, married Edith Knott, eight children including Absalom John Yeo, born 1906)
– Grace Yeo (born 1880)
– Eliza Yeo (born 1882, married Charles H. Basting).
James Yeo (1855–1909, son of William Yeo and Maria Fisher) married Caroline Hill. They had four children:
– Charles Yeo (born at Chulmleigh in 1874)
– Mary Maria Yeo (born at Bishop’s Tawton in 1878)
– Louisa Florence Yeo (born at Woodbury in 1880)
– Eliza Yeo (see Charles Henry Basting and Eliza Yeo)
William Francis Yeo (born 1896, son of George Yeo and Louisa Joslin) emigrated to South Africa and married Mollie Taylor. They had one son:
– Peter Douglas Yeo (1931–2006).
If you are related to this family, or can add to or correct the information shown, please use the Contact Us page.