Richard Yeo was baptised at Blisland in 1815; his parents John Yeo and Eleanor May had married there two years previously, and had two other sons, John Yeo (1813–1845, married Martha Bennett, four sons) and William Yeo (baptised 1819).
Richard married Rosina Victor at St Neot in 1850 and they had eight children in Cornwall before emigrating:
– William Yeo (1853–1929, married Kate Graham, no recorded children)
– John Henry Yeo (1851–1853)
– Alonzo Yeo (see below)
– Eleanor Yeo (1858–1930, married John Francis Northey)
– John Henry Yeo (1859–1931, married Emmeline Wadsworth, no recorded children)
– Richard Headley Yeo (1864–1918, married Mary Ann Stutts, five children)
– Jesse Yeo (1866–1939, married Dinah Smith, no recorded children)
– Samson David Yeo (1868–1940, married Isabella Gibson, four children)
followed by another son born in Liverpool just before they boarded a ship bound for Canada:
– George Lancaster Yeo (1871–1948).
Richard died at Clarke, Ontario in 1883. Rosina died at Oshawa in 1908.
Alonzo Yeo (born at St Neot in 1854, son of Richard Yeo and Rosina Victor) married Philippa Pooley and had seven children:
– William Henry Yeo (1882–1958, married Emma Alberta Prout, eight children)
– Richard John Yeo (1884–1947, married Bertha May Short, eleven children)
– Thomas James Yeo (1886–1966, married Florence Manes, two sons)
– Annie Maude Yeo (1889–1889)
– George Russell Yeo (died as a child 1893)
– Harold Yeo (1982–1892)
– Albert Earnest Yeo (1892–1892)
– Flossie May Yeo (1985–1967).
Alonzo Yeo died at Oshawa in 1931, surviving his wife Philippa by just over twenty-three years.
If you are related to this family, or can add to or correct the information shown above, please use the Contact Us page.