Isaac Yeo, baptised at Inwardleigh in 1766, was a son of Thomas Yeo and Thomasine Gale. He married Elizabeth Upright at the parish church in Sampford Courtenay in 1789. Sheila researched their family with a correspondent in 2005 and identified ten children:
– William Yeo (see below)
– Thomasine Yeo (baptised 1791, married John Treble)
– Isaac Yeo (1795–1868, married Ann Harvey, seven children including John and James, see below)
– Elizabeth Yeo (1797–1871, married Robert Mugridge)
– Grace Yeo (baptised 1799, married John Growman)
– Mary Yeo (1800–1881, married Simon Mugridge)
– Martha Yeo (1802–1870, married Henry Stennett, emigrated to Ontario)
– Thomas Yeo (see below)
– John Yeo (see below)
– Maria Yeo (baptised 1812, married surname Linton).
William Yeo (1789–1870, son of Isaac Yeo and Elizabeth Upright) moved to Plymouth and married Elizabeth Rickard at Stoke Damerel in 1818. They appear not to have had any children. William later emigrated and is buried with his sister Martha Stennett in Keswick, Ontario. Their headstone spells the family surname as Yoe; it gives William’s date of death as 14 June 1870 and his year of birth as 1789.
John Yeo (son of Isaac Yeo and Ann Harvey) married Charlotte Widger, see John Yeo and Charlotte Widger.
James Yeo (1845–1894, son of Isaac Yeo and Ann Harvey) married Harriet March in Plymouth and later moved to Bristol. They had seven children.
Thomas Yeo (1805–1873, son of Isaac Yeo and Elizabeth Upright), married Charlotte White and had three children:
– Thomas Isaac Yeo (born 1840, married Sarah Cohen in London in 1868, two children)
– William Yeo (born 1843, married Katie Perkins, three children)
– John White Yeo (born 1847).
John Yeo (1807–1877, son of Isaac Yeo and Elizabeth Upright) married Mary Banbury at Kingsteignton in 1835. They settled in Sampford Courtenay and had five children there:
– Selina Yeo
– Thomas Yeo
– John Yeo
– Isaac Yeo (see below).
Isaac Yeo (1842–1924, son of John Yeo and Mary Banbury) married Harriet Palmer at Weston Super Mare in 1868 and had nine children, including Isaac George Yeo (see below).
Isaac George Yeo (born in 1869 at Weston Super Mare, son of Isaac Yeo and Harriet Palmer) married Bessie Every. They had nine children in Somerset but also spent a short time in south Wales, where their daughter Olive Nellie Yeo was born. Their children included:
– Sydney George Yeo (1902–1977, married Gwen Morris, four children)
– Olive Nellie Yeo (1902–1969, married William Atherton and emigrated to Canada)
– Herbert Henry Yeo (1911–1979, married Vera Hayman and had two children).
If you are descended from this family or can add to or correct the information shown above, please use the Contact Us page to send us a message.