This couple married at Kilkhampton in 1770.
John had been baptised at Morwenstow in 1686, the eldest of three children of Francis Yeo (born illegitimately as Francis Tuck) and his second wife Joyce Kestle, who had married at Morwenstow in 1673.
John and Margaret had two children (there were no children from John’s later marriages to Mary Richards at Kilkhampton in 1736 and to Elizabeth Hobbs at Stratton in 1757):
– John Yeo (see below)
– Mary Yeo (1721–1742).
John Yeo (born 1717, son of John Yeo and Margaret Gist) married Grace Payne at Stratton on 1739 and farmed at Howard, just south of Stratton on the road to Morwenstow. He and Grace baptised ten children at Stratton, including:
– John Yeo (born 1739, married Elizabeth Dennis, four children)
– Hugh Yeo (1741–1741)
– Hugh Yeo (1742–1742)
– James Yeo (1744–1798, married Catherine Clase and Jane Ash, no recorded children)
– Mary Yeo (born 1748, married John Parsons)
– Grace Yeo (born 1745, married Sylvester Heale)
– Margaret Yeo (born 1750, married Robert Marshall, see Marshall).
Please use the Contact Us page if you can add anything to this line or are a descendant.