Richard Yeo (1832–1900) was baptised at South Tawton to parents William Yeo and Sarah Harvey. He married Mary Ann Cann at Sampford Courtenay in 1855 [note 1]; their eight children were born there:
– John Cann Yeo (1856–1921)
– George Yeo (1858–1929, married Bessie Holman, one son)
– William Henry Yeo (born 1860, married Ann Bird, son William Archibald Yeo born 1899)
– Ellen Yeo (1862–1890, did not marry)
– James Yeo (see below)
– Mary Ann Yeo (1865–1943, did not marry)
– Sydney Yeo (see Sydney Yeo and Lily Trace).
James Yeo (1865–1947, son of Richard Yeo and Mary Ann Cann) married Louisa Ellis at Sampford Courtenay in 1890. They had six children;
– Sydney Ellis Yeo (see Sydney Ellis Yeo and Hilda Beatrice Crossman)
– Ellen Beatrice Yeo (1896–1977, married Leonard Alfred Wills)
– Dorothy Mary Yeo (1898–1977, married Samuel William Ball)
– Elsie Louise Yeo (1901–1969, married Horace Life)
– Ernest Richard Yeo (1907–1976, married Frances Doris Tucker, no recorded children)
– Winifred Yeo (born 1909, married Edgar Joseph Bowles).
If you can add to or correct this information, please use the Contact Us page.
1. Richard and Mary Ann’s children John, George, Ellen, James and Mary Ann were buried at the Quaker cemetery in Sticklepath.