William Yeo was baptised at Chittlehampton in 1688 to parents William Yeo and Susanna Davey. He married Mary Fairchild at Landkey in 1708. Their children were baptised at East or West Buckland from 1711; the details, and one of the daughters, require confirmation:
– Fairchild Yeo (1711–1786, married Amy Thorne, no recorded children)
– Joan Yeo (1712–1731) might have been part of this family
– John Yeo (see below)
– Margaret Yeo (baptised 1720, married Daniel Delve)
– Mary Yeo (baptised 1723).
John Yeo (1719–1792, son of William Yeo and Mary Fairchild) married Joan Basthon at West Buckland on 23 April 1744. They had eleven children:
– John Yeo (1744–1810, married Mary Goad, two daughters)
– Mary Yeo (baptised 1745)
– James Yeo (baptised 1747)
– Jane Yeo (baptised 1747)
– Elizabeth Yeo (baptised 1750, married John Tucker)
– William Yeo (see below)
– Joan Yeo (see below)
– Margaret Yeo (baptised 1757, died as a child)
– Henry Yeo (see Henry Yeo and Elizabeth Blackmore)
– Samuel Yeo (see Samuel Yeo and Jane Leworthy)
– Amy Yeo (baptised 1762, died as an infant).
William Yeo (1753–1854, son of John Yeo and Joan Basthon) married Ann Courtier at Stoke Rivers in 1776, They had seven children:
– William Yeo (1777–1854)
– John Yeo (1779–1865, married Susanna Carter, five children)
– Henry Yeo (1781–1818, married Ann Lewis, four children)
– Thomas Yeo (1784–1831, married Mary Webber, three children)
– Charity Yeo (see below)
– James Yeo (1790–1816, married Mary Chapple, nine children)
– George Yeo (1792–1875, married Ann Squire, seven children).
Joan Yeo (baptised 1754, daughter of John Yeo and Joan Basthon) married Henry Philpot at West Buckland in 1774 and had one daughter Jane Yeo Philpot. Jane united two Yeo families by marrying John Yeo, son of William Yeo and Margaret Bendle, see John Yeo and Jane Yeo Philpot.
Charity Yeo (1786–1824, daughter of William Yeo and Ann Courtier) baptised an illegitimate daughter Elizabeth Yeo in 1810 at Peters Marland. The following year, Charity married Samuel Hutchings.
If you you have any links to this family, or can add to or correct the information shown above, please use the Contact Us page.