The 1911 census for Rosapenna in the north west of County Donegal records 39-year-old coastguard John Yeo. With John are his wife Mabel (age 35) and children John (15), Gladys (13), Douglas (7), Florence (6), Walter (4) and Henry (2).
John Yeo (1872–1915, a grandson of Elias Yeo and Elizabeth Symons of Swimbridge) was born at Littleham, near Exmouth. He married Mabel Walsh in Plymouth in 1895. Their seven children were:
– John Louis Yeo (born at Plymouth in 1896)
– Gladys Beatrice Yeo (born at Plymouth in 1897)
– Douglas Frederick Yeo (1907–1979)
– Florence Kate Yeo (born 1906)
– Walter Charles Yeo (born 1906)
– Henry Yeo (born in Ireland in 1908, married Evelyn M. Davey)
– Ernest Arthur Yeo (1912–1982, married Violet E. Litton).
The 1901 census for Withycombe Raleigh records John Yeo at 17 George Street, a 28-year-old merchant seaman living with his wife Mabel, two children and a lodger.
If you can add to or correct the information shown, please use the Contact Us page.
See also William Saunders Yeo, coastguard in Ireland.