Samuel Yeo, born in Duloe, Cornwall in 1845, was a great grandson of Philip Yeo and Susanah Brown of Duloe.
The late Bert Street sent Sheila information about this family, and also transcribed a large number of Yeo records for her.
Samuel Yeo married Mary Jane Hutchings in Plymouth in 1874 and they had eight children:
– Frances Yeo (born 1872, married George Rodda)
– Rebecca Maud Yeo (1873–1933, married Henry John Warren, four children)
– Mary Jane Yeo (born 1875)
– Edith Yeo (born 1877–1959, married John Jelfs, four children)
– Annie Maria Yeo (1879–1957, married Thomas George Potter)
– Fred Yeo (see below)
– Florence Yeo (born 1882)
– Fanny Yeo (born 1887).
Fred Yeo (1880–1967, son of Samuel Yeo and Mary Jane Hutchings) married Loveday Sedonia Webb at Tavistock in 1901. They lived at Calstock, where they had six children:
– Bertie Yeo (1902–1927, married Laura Field, one daughter)
– Samuel Yeo (1903–1931, married Annie J. Rendle, no recorded children)
– William Bennet Yeo (born 1904, died as an infant)
– Charles Yeo (1905–1984, married Elizabeth Jane Legg, two children)
– John Yeo (1907–1985, married Dorothy Nightscales, two sons)
– Clara Olympia Yeo (1909–1998, married Thomas William Wilcox)
before moving to Liskeard, where they had two further children:
– Fred Yeo (1920–2006, married Gladys M. Thomas in 1941, one son)
– Frances Joyce Yeo (born 1922, married Albert D. Hill).
If you are related to this family, or can add to or correct the information above, please use the Contact Us page.