Richard Yeo (c1553–1613, son of John Yeo of Stratton) married Isabel Dayman at Hartland in 1578. They baptised at least four children [note 1] at Hartland:
– Charles Yeo (1580–1650, married Audrey Issack, three children)
– Justinian Yeo (see below)
– Hugh Yeo (1587–1642, married Joane Surfield and Margery Cary, four children [note 2])
– Anne Yeo (baptised 1590, married John Blagdon).
Justinian Yeo (1583–1649, son of Richard Yeo and Isabel Dayman) married Jane Tucker at Hartland in 1613. They had eleven children. including:
– Richard Yeo (1614–1695, married three times, three children [note 3])
– William Yeo (baptised 1616 [note 4])
– Hugh Yeo (baptised 1623, died in Virginia c1680)
– Susan Yeo (baptised 1624, married George Dennis)
– Justinian Yeo (1627–c1700, married three times, six children)
– Deborah Yeo (baptised 1628, married William Cleverdon in Virginia).
Can you trace your line from this family? If you can, please use the Contact Us page.
1. Other children might have included a daughter Radagon and sons Richard and Peter. Isabel’s surname is also recorded as Dayment.
2. Hugh was a merchant who moved to Bristol and was involved in trade with the West Indies and North America. His sons were also involved in the business – one of them, Charles Yeo, moved to London. Hugh’s son Abraham Yeo, who died in Barbados in 1655, was also a merchant.
3. Descendants of Richard’s son Abel Yeo (1644–1706) settled in Sampford Courtenay.
4. William was a party to various land transactions in Virginia in the period 1652–1674.