John Yeo was born in Barnstaple in 1854, the second of six children of John Yeo and Margery Stacey. Emma Selwood was born in Bristol in 1856 to parents John Selwood and Mary Hitchcock.
John and Emma married in Cardiff in 1877. They had two children in Wales:
– John Yeo (1877–1963)
– Emma Yeo (1878–1958).
They then emigrated to the United States with their two children. They settled in Michigan, where they had six further children:
– Harry Yeo (1881–1966, married Grace Hargo)
– Elizabeth Yeo (1883–1964, married William May)
– Thomas Yeo (1885–1954, married Hilda Hovland, three children)
– George Yeo (1887–1972, married Lydia Butts, three children)
– Albert Yeo (1888–1979, married Ona Struthers, four children)
– Jane Yeo (1889–1980, married Carlile Williams).
John and Emma moved to Minnesota and took up farming. Six more children were born there:
– Robert Yeo (1892–1977, married Anna Dick, four children)
– Edward Yeo (1893–1945, married Clara Lean, three children)
– Myra Yeo (1894–1996, married George Heine)
– Ruth Yeo (1896–1975, married Howard Green)
– May Yeo (1897–1980)
– Charles Yeo (1901–1979, married Elia Paez, one daughter).
If you are related to this family, please use the Contact Us page to send us a message.