Bartholomew was a son of Bartholomew Yeo and Agnes Rode. He married Margaret Ackland at the parish church of St Peter, Barnstaple in 1700.
Their son John Yeo was baptised at Swimbridge in 1701 and lived there until his death in 1789. He married Elizabeth Slowley in 1730 and had four sons:
– Samuel Yeo (1731–1772, married Elizabeth Burgess, four children including Samuel Burgess Yeo, see below)
– John Yeo (1734–1795, married Mary Yeo, whose parents have not been identified)
– William Yeo (baptised 1736, married Margaret Bendle, four sons and three daughters including Elias Yeo, see below)
– Henry Yeo (see Henry Yeo and Susannah Barrow)
Samuel Burgess Yeo (1768–1857), son of Samuel Yeo and Elizabeth Burgess, married Mary Burgess at Swimbridge in 1803 and baptised seven children there.
Elias Yeo (1766–1832, son of William Yeo and Margaret Bendle) married Elizabeth Symons at Loxhore in 1796. They baptised eight children at Swimbridge:
– Samuel Yeo (see below)
– William Yeo (1798–1850, married Charity Pugsley, seven children)
– Mary Yeo (1801–1875, married Nicholas German) marriage requires confirmation
– Grace Yeo (1804–1889, married Richard Jarman) is Grace part of this family?
– Elias Yeo (1806–1861, married Mary Mock, four children)
– Sarah Yeo (1809–1878, married William Ballmont)
– John Yeo (baptised 1811, married Grace Harding, three daughters)
– Thomas Yeo (1814–1895, married Mary Taylor, no recorded children).
Samuel Yeo (1796–1851, son of Elias Yeo and Elizabeth Symons) married Esther Dean at Payhembury in 1822. Their eight children included:
– Thomas Yeo (see Thomas Yeo’s three marriages)
– William Yeo (1826–1887, moved to Lancashire and married Fanny Kinsey, five children)
– John Yeo (see below).
John Yeo (1841–1912, son of Samuel Yeo and Esther Dean) married Elizabeth Ellis Taylor Fowler at the parish church at Littleham, near Exmouth, in 1863. They had eight children:
– Elias John Yeo (1863–1942, married Henrietta Hull, nine children)
– Minnie Yeo (1866–1945, did not marry)
– John Yeo (see John Yeo, coastguard in Ireland)
– Samuel Yeo (1873–1897, married Ethel Houghton, one son)
– Frederick Thomas Yeo (1876–1918, married Mary Jane Litton, five children)
– Louis Yeo (1880–1933, married Louise Osborne confirmation of marriage needed, also of: daughter Gladys Ena Yeo born 1907)
– Mabel Yeo (1883–1906, married Samuel Thomas Cross)
– Frank Yeo (1885–1927, married Bessie Alma Woodbury).
Do you have a connection to these Yeo lines? If you do, please use use the Contact Us page to send us a message.