Sheila researched this family with a correspondent in 2002.
James Yeo – originally from Torquay – moved to London and married Susannah Poole in Marylebone in 1831. They had five children in London:
– Ann Yeo (born 1834, married William Garrett, two sons)
– George Patterson Yeo (1835–1837)
– Richard McCartney Yeo (1837–1837)
– James Yeo (1838–1894, married Lydia Mary Hicks, eight children)
– Susannah Yeo (born 1841)
and then moved to Northampton, where they had four further children:
– George Yeo (1842–1898, married Sarah Ann Ellender, one son)
– Richard Yeo (1844–1847)
– William Yeo (born 1846, married Martha Whiffen, five children including William Dearing Yeo)
– Henry Yeo (born 1849)
James and Susannah moved back to London; the 1851 census records them in the parish of St Sepulchre. James is a 45-year-old shoemaker; with him are his 42-year-old wife Susannah and children Ann (18), James (14), Susannah (11), George (9), Richard (6), William (4) and Henry (18 months). The eldest three children are shoemakers.
They then had a another daughter:
– Elizabeth Frances Yeo (born 1854)
The parents of James Yeo senior, according to Sheila’s correspondent, were George Yeo and Elizabeth Barnsby, but this information might not be accurate.
If you are related to this family or can add to or correct the information shown above, please use the Contact Us page to send us a message.