Sheila worked on this pedigree with correspondents Carl Pontifex and Marion McQuay in 1995.
They established that William Yeo (1794–1874, son of William Yeo and Margery Rowell and grandson of Thomas Yeo and Mary Featherstone) had married Jane Fanson at Pancrasweek in 1824. They had three children there before emigrating with them to Ontario:
– Thomas Yeo (see below)
– William Yeo (1826–1911, married Susan Wonnacott, eight children including Benjamin Wellington Yeo)
– John Yeo (born 1831)
They had four further children after the family emigrated:
– Mary Jane Yeo (1834–1907, married James Moore)
– Elizabeth Yeo (1836–1912, married Richard Docking)
– Samuel Yeo (born 1839)
– James Henry Yeo (see below).
Thomas Yeo (1824–1907, son of William Yeo and Jane Fanson) married Elizabeth Ann Babb. They had eleven children including:
– John Henry Yeo (1847–1907) married Mary Jemima Lambkin and had six children
– Elizabeth Ann Yeo (1848–1890) married Henry Lisk
– Thomas Albert Yeo (1854–1932) married Rebecca Jane Noble and had twelve children.
James Henry Yeo (1841–1914), married Mary Ann Jewell in Mitchell, Ontario in 1868. They had seven children:
– Albert Ernest Yeo (1869–1949, see under Russell James Yeo and Winona Irene Berry)
– Mary Elizabeth Yeo (1871–1892)
– William Franklin Yeo (1873–1945, married Violet Mabel Bishop, son Melvin Stanley Yeo, born 1909)
– Alfred Edward Yeo (1875–1910)
– Walter James Yeo (born 1878, died as a child)
– Ida Jane Yeo (1880–1968, married James Stanley Farquharson)
– John Wesley Yeo (1882–1967, married Minnie Lashbrook, no recorded children).
If you can add to or correct this information, please let us know via the Contact Us page.