Richard Yeo (1770–1810, son of Thomas Yeo and Thomazine Gale) was baptised at Inwardleigh in 1770. He married Catherine Luxon at Northew in 1776. They had three children:
– John Yeo (see below)
– Thomasine Yeo (baptised 1803 at Lifton)
– William Yeo (baptised 1805 at Lifton, married Sarah Milford at Lifton in 1827, three children [notes 1, 2])
– Ann Yeo (baptised 1808 at Lifton)
– Sarah Yeo (1808–1832).
John Yeo (baptised in 1797 at Northlew, son of Richard Yeo and Catherine Luxon) married Drew Ann Smale at Beaworthy in 1829. They moved to Plymouth, where they had six children:
– William Yeo (born 1830, married Hannah Burnell, one daughter)
– Hannah Yeo (born 1832, married Thomas Neale)
– John Emanuel Yeo (born 1835, married Maria Ash, three children)
– Harriett Yeo (born 1838)
– Emanuel Smale Yeo (1840–1879, married Elizabeth Palmer at Stoke Damerel in 1867, no recorded children)
– Henry Dovell Yeo (see below).
Henry Dovell Yeo (1843–1899, son of John Yeo and Drew Ann Smale) married Elizabeth Ann Buchannan at East Meon in Hampshire in 1866. They had three children:
– Alfred Dovell Yeo (1867–1925, emigrated to the United States, married Theresa Kassel in New York in 1890, ten children including Vincent Henry Yeo, 1891–1953)
– Emma Jessie Yeo (born 1870, married Thomas Joseph Cafferky in Stafordshire in 1898)
– Henry Thomas Dovell Yeo (1872–1952).
If you can add to or correct the information shown, please use the Contact Us page.
1. After the death of his first wife in 1837, William married Sarah Morgan – see note 2 – and emigrated with her to Australia on the SS Lincolnshire in 1863.
2. Married at the parish church in Merstham, Surrey on 7 July 1840. Bride’s surname recorded as Mergan in civil registration index.