Sheila researched this line after contacting Robert and Susanna’s great x3 grandson Ramon Yeo, a former mayor of Exeter.
Robert Yeo was the third son of Robert Yeo and Jane Hurchill of South Tawton. He was baptised at South Tawton in 1758 and was buried there in 1834. He married Susanna Webber there in 1787. They baptised six children there:
– William Yeo (see below)
– Mary Yeo (1792–1815)
– Jane Yeo (baptised 1794, married James Redstone)
– Susanna Yeo (baptised 1798, married John Coombe)
– John Yeo (baptised 1799, married Jemima Way, four children)
– Robert Yeo (see Robert Yeo and Ann Syms)
– Joseph Yeo (see below).
William Yeo (1788–1839, son of Robert Yeo and Susanna Webber) married Jane Lee at South Tawton in 1814. They remained in the parish and baptised their six children there:
– John Yeo (see below)
– William Yeo (see William Yeo and Rosamond Green)
– Joseph Yeo (1818–1889, married Ann Gerry, no recorded children)
– Elizabeth Yeo (1820–1906, married John Payne, emigrated to the United States)
– Ann Yeo (baptised 1822, married James Trace)
– Robert Yeo (baptised 1825, died as a child).
Joseph Yeo (1805–1867, son of Robert Yeo and Susanna Webber) married twice: he first married Elizabeth Nott at South Tawton in 1826; they had one daughter:
– Ann Yeo (baptised 1826 at South Tawton, died as a child)
For Joseph’s second marriage see Joseph Yeo and Ann Westcott.
John Yeo (1814–1886, son of William Yeo and Jane Lee) married twice. His first marriage was to Eliza Curtis at the parish church of St Andrew, Plymouth on 28 February 1839; they had six children:
– William Richard Yeo (born 1843, died as an infant)
– Elizabeth Jane Yeo (1845–1902, married George Trace)
– John Yeo (see below)
– Richard Curtis Yeo (1852–1903, emigrated to Australia 1891, married Elizabeth Julia Wurm, three children)
– William Curtis Yeo (born 1854 at Plymouth, died as an infant)
– Eliza Ann Edgcumb Yeo (born 1857 in Yeovil, married George Allen Cook)
By 1860, John and Eliza had moved to Haydon, near Sherborne in Dorset, where they had three further children:
– Constance Amelia Yeo (1860–1880, did not marry)
– Horatio James Yeo (1862–1935, moved to London and married Fanny Waldron, six children)
– Ada Yeo (born 1866, died as an infant).
Eliza died at Haydon in 1876. John married Sarah Bowles two years later; there were no children from this marriage. He died at Sherborne, where he had worked on the Haydon estate.
John Yeo (1848–1911, son of John Yeo and Eliza Curtis) married twice. From his marriage to Marie Julie Melner (at Haydon in 1877) there are no recorded children. With his second wife Annie Rodwell (married at Burton on Trent, Staffordshire in 1883) he had one son:
– Moritz Rodwell Yeo (1884–1971, married Flora Irma Macfarlane in Surrey in 1915, two sons).
If you you have any links to this family, or can add to or correct the information shown above, please use the Contact Us page.