Paul Yeo married Elizabeth Yeo at Huish in 1642, uniting two prominent Yeo lines.
Paul was the second of four sons of Edmund Yeo [note 1] and Elizabeth Killigrew of Chittlehampton, see Leonard Yeo of North Petherwin. Elizabeth was the daughter of George Yeo and Elizabeth Bassett of Huish, see Leonard Yeo of Huish.
This rare example of a Yeo–Yeo marriage produced three sons:
– Leonard Yeo (see below)
– George Yeo (c1646–1716, married Elizabeth Glover)
– Edmund Yeo (1658–1717, married Elizabeth Hooper)
and three daughters Ann, Elizabeth and Sarah Yeo, who appear not to have survived early childhood. Edmund’s wife Elizabeth was buried at Huish in 1699. Edmund’s second wife Jane was buried at Dolton in 1712 [note 2].
Leonard Yeo (1644–1693, son of Paul Yeo and Elizabeth Yeo) married Margaret Kestell née Grylls at Lanreath in 1670. They had five children:
– Leonard Yeo (1671–1741)
– George Yeo (baptised 1676)
– Elizabeth Yeo
– Charles Yeo (1680–1748)
– Anna Yeo.
If you are descended from this family, or can add to or correct the information shown, please use the Contact Us page.
1. For background information about Edmund see The Yeo Family.
2. There is no record of this marriage other than Jane’s burial, and no record of any children from it.