John Yeo (1801–1898, son of Thomas Yeo and Mary Heal) married Sarah Kelly at Marwood in 1822. They had nine children:
– Henry Yeo (see below)
– John Yeo (1824–1903, married Ann Lovering, six children)
– Thomas Yeo (1827–1872, married Mary Ann Kelly, six children)
– George Yeo (1829–1886, did not marry)
– William Yeo (see below)
– Sarah Yeo (born 1834, did not marry)
– Mary Yeo (born 1836, did not marry)
– Samuel Yeo (1839–1912, married Ann Thorne and moved to south Wales, three children)
– Elizabeth Heal Yeo (1842–1862).
Henry Yeo (1823–1908, son of John Yeo and Sarah Kelly, lived at West Down near Ilfracombe and died in Cardiff in 1908. He married Rebecca Shambrook [note 1] at West Down in 1853; they had seven children:
– William Henry Yeo (see below)
– Eliza Yeo (born 1857)
– Mary Ann Yeo (born 1858)
– Henry Yeo (born 1860, married Annie Snow and moved to Staffordshire; died in south Wales in 1946, five children)
– James Yeo (see James Yeo and Eliza Ann Nichols)
– Elizabeth Yeo (1864–1940, married Henry Wensley)
– George Yeo (see below)
William Yeo (1832–1894, son of John Yeo and Sarah Kelly) was baptised at Marwood. He married Sarah Laramy at Marwood in 1854 and their seven children were born there:
– John Yeo (1855–1932, moved to South Molton, married Jane Hoile, seven children including Thomas Yeo, who married Jessie Ellen Shapland in 1899)
– Thomas Yeo (see below)
– William Yeo (born 1860, married Jane Holmes, thirteen children)
– Henry Yeo (1864–1954, moved to Instow, married Anne Marie Chichester, seven children)
– Mary Elizabeth Yeo (born 1866)
– James Yeo (1869–1952, married Mary Auger, son William Richard Yeo born 1895 at Pilton, died at sea 1917)
– Samuel Yeo (1882–1908).
Thomas Yeo (born 1857 at Marwood, son of William Yeo and Sarah Laramy) married Mary Jane Huxtable in 1883. They had eight children, including:
– William Yeo (born 1887 at East Down, married Annie Lock, two children)
– George Henry Yeo (see below)
– Minnie Blanch Yeo (1896–1996, married Kingsley Barlow)
– Frank Yeo (born 1898 at East Down, married Mary Jane Yeo [note 2] in 1923, three children).
William Henry Yeo (1854–1883, son of Henry Yeo and Rebecca Shambrook, married Mary Vanstone in 1874. They had three children before emigrating:
– Mary Rebecca Yeo (born 1877, died as a child)
– William Henry Yeo (1879–1926, married Rose Annie Newman and emigrated to South Africa, three children)
– Beatrice Elizabeth Yeo (born 1881)
and a fourth in Queensland:
– Albert John Yeo (see below).
Albert John Yeo (1884–1959, son of William Henry Yeo and Mary Vanstone) returned to England and married Violet Gray in 1909. They had two sons:
– Leslie John Yeo (1914–1984, married Dorothy Tryphena Perry, two sons)
– Douglas Henry Yeo (born 1921, died on 23 July 1942 while serving with the Royal Navy, commemorated on the war memorial at Runnymede).
George Henry Yeo (1888–1953, son of Thomas Yeo and Sarah Laramy) was born at Loxhore but moved to Cardiff as a young man. He married Elizabeth Davies there on 2 July 1912 and their four children were born there:
– Edith Christine Yeo (born 1912)
– Daisy Margaret Yeo (1913–2003, married William Henry Smith)
– William David Yeo (1915–1959, married Rose Emily Warner, four children)
– Reginald John Yeo (1917–1980, married Margaret G. Colclough in Glasgow in 1944, died in Glasgow).
George Yeo (born 1867, son of Henry Yeo and Rebecca Shambrook) married Mary Elizabeth Ridd and moved to Worcestershire. Their two sons were born at Stourbridge [note 3]:
– George Spencer Yeo (born 1897, married Gertrude Whitehouse, one daughter)
– William Ewart Yeo (born 1899, married Frances Hutchinson, son William George Leo Yeo 1926–1990).
If you are related to this family or can add to or correct the details above, please use the Contact Us page to send us a message.
1. Rebecca was a daughter of William and Ann Shambroke of West Down. Her surname is spelt Shambroke on her marriage certificate but most other records of the family have the spelling Shambrook.
2. Daughter of his first cousin Thomas Yeo and Jessie Ellen Shapland.
3. Was there also a daughter Frances Yeo?