Samuel Burgess Yeo (1768–1857, son of Samuel Yeo and Elizabeth Burgess) married Mary Burgess at Swimbridge in 1803. They baptised seven children at Swimbridge:
– John Burgess Yeo (1804–1836, did not marry)
– Eliza Yeo (1805–1882, married Ambrose Dalling)
– Mary Ann Yeo (1807–1894, did not marry)
– Henry Burgess Yeo (see below)
– William Burgess Yeo (baptised 1811)
– Ann Yeo (1813–1900, did not marry)
– Samuel Yeo (1815–1876).
Henry Burgess Yeo (1809–1884, son of Samuel Burgess Yeo and Mary Burgess) married Elizabeth Ellis in 1869 when she was past child-bearing age. The 1881 census for Barnstaple records Henry and Elizabeth living in Salem Street. Henry is a 72-year-old corn merchant, Elizabeth is 68, and Henry’s sisters Eliza Dalling (age 75, a widow), Mary Ann Yeo (73, unmarried) and Ann Yeo (68 unmarried) are living with them.
If you can add to or correct the information shown, please use the Contact Us page.