The 1911 census for Griffithstown in Monmouthshire records 48-year-old James Yeo living at 30 Edward Street. He is an engine driver for the Great Western Railway and was born at West Down in Devon. With him are his wife Eliza Ann and eight children.
James Yeo, a great grandson of Thomas Yeo and Mary Heal of Marwood and the third son of Henry Yeo and Rebecca Shambrook of West Down, was born in 1862 and lived until 1925.
He married Eliza Ann Nichols in 1886 and his job with the railways led to his moving home several times. He and Eliza Ann had nine children:
– Emily Yeo (born in Worcester in 1890)
– William Yeo (born in Gloucester in 1892, died in Griffithstown in 1963)
– Rebecca Ann Yeo (born in Gloucester in 1892, moved to Scotland, married Robert Lawrie Selkirk in Edinburgh in 1914 and died in Edinburgh in 1945)
– Ellen Elizabeth Yeo (born in Gloucester in 1895, died in Bristol in 1941, did not marry)
– Elizabeth Yeo (born in Cardiff in 1896, died in Griffithstown in 1945, did not marry)
– Elsie Rosaline Yeo (born in Swindon in 1899, married Edward Morgan, died in Pontypool in 1986)
– Caroline Edith Yeo (born in Swindon in 1901, marred Thomas Bevan, died in Pontypool in 1980)
– Agnes Annie Yeo (born in Swindon in 1903, died in Griffithstown in 1946, did not marry)
– Charles Rowland Yeo (see below).
Charles Rowland Yeo, son of James Yeo and Eliza Ann Nichols, was born in 1905, married Phyllis Ena James in 1930 and died in Suffolk in 1980. He and Phyllis had four children:
– Denys Charles Yeo (born in Pontypool in 1931, married Mary Landrum, three children)
– Margaret Yeo (born in Pontypool in 1935)
– Ruth Yeo (born in Pontypool in 1937)
– Ann Yeo (born in Pontypool in 1943).
If you you are related to this family, or can add to or correct the information shown above, please use the Contact Us page.