John Yeo, son of Humphrey Yeo and Marion Trim, was baptised in the parish of St Stephen, near Launceston, in 1718. He married Ann Vrain there in 1741 and moved to Stoke Damerel, where they had three children:
– Charles Yeo (see below)
– Ann Yeo (baptised 1751)
– John Yeo (baptised 1755).
Charles Yeo (1748–1816, son of John Yeo and Ann Vrain) married Joanna Williams and Elizabeth Calloway. There were three children from his first marriage, who were baptised at Stoke Damerel:
– Charles Yeo (baptised in 1774), married Jane Stephens, seven children including John Stephens Yeo, who married Mary Ann Humberstone and had seven children before emigrating to Australia in 1875)
– John Yeo (see below)
– William Yeo (1779–1856, married Charlotte Westwood Keast, three children).
John Yeo, son of Charles Yeo and Elizabeth Calloway, was baptised at Stoke Damerel in 1777. He became an auctioneer, married Jane Macey Ross, and had four children:
– Joanna Calloway Yeo (married Joseph Hardy at Stoke Damerel in 1829)
– Daniel Ross Yeo (see below)
– Lavina Caroline Morris Yeo (married Henry Stephens at East Stonehouse in 1835)
– John Charles Thomas Punshon Yeo (married Amelia Wallis in London in 1833).
Daniel Ross Yeo (1801–1885, son of John Yeo and Jane Macey Ross) married Charlotte Brown at Ide in 1826. They had two children:
– Lavinia Joanne Charlotte Yeo (1827–1891, married Frederick Phillips)
– Daniel Ross Yeo (1831–1901, married Harriet Sarah Hooper, seven children including Daniel Ross Yeo, 1854–1902).
If you are related to this family, or can add to or correct the information above, please use the Contact Us page to get in touch.