This couple married at Steeple Langford in Wiltshire in 1689. Sheila investigated their family with correspondent Rod Hicks in 2016; further links have since been added to their findings.
Daniel and Barbara baptised six children at Lyneham:
– John Yeo (baptised 1689, one daughter)
– Mary Yeo (baptised 1692)
– Ann Yeo (baptised 1694, died as an infant)
– Ann Yeo (baptised 1696)
– Daniel Yeo (baptised 1699, died as an infant)
– Daniel Yeo (see below).
Daniel Yeo (1702–1780, son of Daniel Yeo and Barbara Easton) married Elizabeth Townsend at Christian Malford in 1728. They lived in Lynenam and baptised nine children there:
– Jemima Yeo [note 1] (1728–1797, married William Jacob)
– Mary Yeo (1731–1801, married Thomas Smoakam)
– Daniel Yeo (see below)
– William Yeo (see William Yeo and Jane Andrews)
– John Yeo (baptised 1738, died as a child)
– Jacob Yeo (see below)
– Joseph Yeo (1743–1835, married Mary Punch and Elizabeth Woodward, one daughter)
– Elizabeth Yeo (baptised 1746, married Richard Henley)
– Thomas Yeo (see below).
Daniel Yeo (1733–1809, son of Daniel Yeo and Elizabeth Townsend) was baptised at Lyneham in 1733. There were no children from his first marriage, to Mary Broom at Castle Coombe in 1763. He then married Sarah Buoy at Castle Coombe in 1775; they baptised five children there:
– Anne Yeo (baptised 1776, daughter Jane Yeo baptised 1799)
– Mary Yeo (1777–1858, married William Milsom)
– Rebekah Yeo (baptised 1780)
– Hester Yeo (baptised 1782)
– Thomas Yeo (baptised 1785).
Jacob Yeo (baptised in 1741 at Lyneham, son of Daniel Yeo and Elizabeth Townsend) married Elizabeth Seager in Chippenham in 1772. They had six children in Wiltshire:
– Mary Yeo (baptised c1772)
– Daniel Yeo (1773–1848)
– John Yeo (see below)
– William Yeo (see William Yeo and Adeliza Gallifant)
– James Yeo (1777–1846)
– Jacob Yeo (see Jacob Yeo and Ann Reader)
– Ann Yeo (1784–1864, married William Brereton)
before moving to Plaistow in Essex, where they had another son:
– Joseph Yeo (see below).
Thomas Yeo (1750–1831, son of Daniel Yeo and Elizabeth Townsend) was a carpenter. He married Ann Butler at Lyneham in 1776 and baptised twelve children there:
– Thomas Yeo (baptised 1776)
– Mary Yeo (baptised 1778)
– Jacob Yeo (1780–1869, married Maria Jefferies, two children)
– James Yeo (see James Yeo and Eleanor Charlton)
– John Yeo (1783–1810)
– Esther Yeo (baptised 1786)
– William Yeo (baptised 1787)
– Joseph Yeo (1790–1879, married Susanna Burchell, four children)
– Daniel Yeo (1792–1875)
– Jesse Yeo (1794–1873, married Ann Jacob)
– Hannah Yeo (baptised 1797)
– Abraham Yeo (1799–1875, married Sarah Swindon).
John Yeo (baptised 1774, son of Jacob Yeo and Elizabeth Seager) married Elizabeth Goodship in 1793. They had six sons, including:
– William Yeo (born 1795, had five children with his wife Sarah)
– Henry Yeo (born 1803, married Susannah Friend, two daughters)
– Jacob Yeo (see below).
Joseph Yeo (1789–1861, son of Jacob Yeo and Elizbeth Seager) had four children with his wife Mary [note 2]:
– Eliza Yeo
– Joseph Yeo (see below)
– Mary Ann Yeo
– Elizabeth Yeo.
Jacob Yeo (1804–1843, son of John Yeo and Elizabeth Goodship) married Mary Leary in 1834. They had four children:
– Ann Yeo (born 1838)
– Thomas Yeo (born 1840, married Jane Margaret Wright, seven children)
– Arthur Jacob Yeo (born 1896, married Susannah Louise Ravenhill, ten children)
– Emma Yeo (born 1842).
The 1861 census for West Ham records Mary as a housekeeper, living at 4 Bridge Place with her sons Thomas and Arthur.
Joseph Yeo (1820–1861, son of Joseph and Mary Yeo) married Ellen Fitzpatrick at the parish church in Poplar in 1850. They had at least one son [note 3]:
– Joseph Yeo (see below).
Joseph Yeo (1852–1925, son of Joseph Yeo and Ellen Fitzpatrick) married Charlotte Griffiths in 1878 [note 4]. They had eight children:
– Joseph Yeo (born 1879)
– Henry Yeo (1882–1933, married Jane Ann Bruce, five children)
– Ellen Yeo (born 1885)
– Mary Yeo (born 1889)
– Elizabeth Yeo (born 1891)
– James Yeo (born 1894)
– Herbert George Yeo (born 1898)
– Charlotte Lily Yeo (1900–1972).
Please use the Contact Us page if you can add anything to this line of descent.
1. Forename requires confirmation.
2. Mary’s surname has not been identified. Her husband Joseph Yeo and her son Joseph Yeo both died in early 1861, before the census was taken.
3. Other researchers have listed children Henry, Mary (married Edward Lake), Ellen and Jane, but only Joseph can be verified from birth and census records.
4. Marriage registered at Bethnal Green in the first quarter of the year.