William Yeo (1775–1856, a great grandson of Daniel Yeo and Barbara Easton) was baptised in the Wiltshire parish of Wootton Bassett. He moved to Essex and married Adeliza Gallifant in 1805. She had been baptised at the parish church of St Andrew, Halstead in 1784.
William and Adeliza baptised nine children at Plaistow between 1810 and 1825, including:
– Shadrach Yeo (1813–1852)
– Henry Yeo (1817–1880, married Susanna Parker, five children)
– Charles Yeo (1823–1870), married Elizabeth Bateman Sheriff, four children).
The 1851 census for Plaistow records William and Adalizah living with five adult children. William is 75 and his occupation is given as ‘marshman’. He died at Plaistow in 1856 and Adalizah survived him by nine years.
Charles Yeo (1823–1870, son of William Yeo and Adeliza Gallifant) married Elizabeth Bateman Sheriff in Woolwich in 1854. They had three children:
– Charles Yeo (1859–1930, emigrated to Queensland, married Esther Sin Won, seven children)
– George Yeo (1861–1931, married Ada Louisa Sheriff, three children)
– Frederic Yeo (1863–1945, married Mary Catherine Warby in 1892, three children).
If you you are related to this family, or can add to or correct the information shown above, please use the Contact Us page.