William Thomas Yeo (1863–1942) was a grandson of Thomas Yeo and Elizabeth Ann Hockridge of Kilkhampton and Prince Edward Island.
William married Katherine Maude Arbing (known to family as Katie) in 1890 in Prince Edward Island, were they remained for the rest of their lives. They had thirteen children:
– William Thomas Yeo (born 1891)
– Russell Yeo (see below)
– Winnifred Yeo (see below)
– John Howard Yeo (1897–1962, married Elizabeth Enman, ten children)
– Susan Belle Yeo (1899–1931, married Charles Allen Moore)
– James Stanley Yeo (1900–1966, moved to Maine, married Marion Gertrude Folsom, five children)
– Margaret Blye Yeo (1902–1985, marred Charles Gordon Enman)
– Annie Louise Yeo (1904–1985, married Charles Baglole)
– Roy Yeo (1906–1908)
– William Keir Yeo (1908–1987, married Helen Campbell [note 1], one daughter)
– Nettie May Yeo (1910–1985)
– Frederick Yeo (see below)
– Ada Maud Yeo (1914–1980, married Edward MacKinnon).
Russell Yeo (1893–1958, son of William Thomas Yeo and Katherine Maude Arbing), remained in Prince Edward Island. He married Lillian Winifred Baglole and had eight children:
– Hazel Blanche Yeo (1915–1993, married surname Ramsay)
– Leila Glenn Yeo (1917–1992, married Leland Ellis)
– Katie Maude Yeo (1922–1972, married Stanley Francis Theriaut)
– Lester Russell Yeo (born 1923, married Blanche Ballum, five children)
– Carl David Yeo (1926–1975, married Lucy Gladys Campbell, thirteen children)
– Charles Herman Yeo (1930–2000, married Lorna Olive Grigg, eight children)
– John Frank Yeo (1931–1932)
– Emmett Thyne Yeo (born 1939, married Marie Allen, six children).
Winnifred Yeo (1895–1969, daughter of William Thomas Yeo and Katherine Maude Arbing), also remained in Prince Edward Island. In 1910 she married David Enman; they had three children, including:
– Roy Yeo Enman (1911–1988, married Pearl Susan Enman, one son)
– Florence Yeo Enman (1913–1991).
Frederick Yeo (1911–1994, son of William Thomas Yeo and Katherine Maude Arbing) moved to Maine and married Mary Katherine Fraser; they had two children:
– Mary Regina Yeo (1936–200, married Humbert Raymond Raposa)
– Charles Leo Yeo (1937–2012, married Carolyn J. Walton, three children).
The 1940 census for Penobscot, Maine records the family at 342 Congress Street: Fred Yeo is a 27-year-old rigger, his wife Catherine is 30 and their children are Mary Jean (age 3) and Charles L. (2).
If you are related to this family, or can add to or correct the information shown, please use the Contact Us page.
1. Married at the United Church Parsonage in Queen Street, Moncton, New Brunswick on 12 June 1933. The groom is recorded as Keir Yeo.