According to research by Humphrey Toms and Reg Walter, William Yeo, the second son of John Yeo and Rebecca Rolle of Hatherleigh, married Sarah Heathman at West Buckland in 1637. They had five children:
– John Yeo (c1638–1685, married Mary Ley, three children, no known grandchildren)
– William Yeo (c1639–1689, married Frances Cliffe and baptised eight children at Merton including Robert Yeo and William Yeo, see below)
– Thomas Yeo (baptised c1645, rector of Swimbridge, Chittlehampton and Morthoe, seven children, no known grandchildren).
After Sarah’s death, William married Elizabeth Griffin with whom he had two sons:
– Samuel Yeo (1674–1726, married Susanna Laney and baptised two children at Swimbridge including John Yeo, baptised 1703)
– Leonard Yeo (baptised 1679, married Ann Berry and Rebecca Main, one daughter, no known grandchildren).
William was buried at Merton in 1687.
Robert Yeo (1667–1733), son of William Yeo and Frances Cliffe, married Margaret Brown and baptised eight children at Merton:
– Susanna Yeo (baptised 1687)
– William Yeo (see below)
– Robert Yeo (1692–1772, moved to South Tawton, married Johan Arscott, six children)
– Francis Yeo (baptised 1695, died as an infant)
– John Yeo (1697–1721, married Mary Short at Shebbear in 1720, no recorded children)
– Francis Yeo (1700–1773, married Lucy Young in London in 1737, two children including John Yeo, baptised at Aylesbury in 1738)
– Roger Yeo (baptised 1703)
– Thomas Yeo (baptised 1709).
William Yeo (baptised 1671), son of William Yeo and Frances Cliffe, married Charity Smyth and had one son:
– William Yeo (1700–1765).
William Yeo (1691–1770, son of Robert Yeo and Margaret Brown) appears not to have left Merton. He married Mary Dunford there in 1729 and they baptised four children there:
– Margaret Yeo (baptised 1731, married Thomas Willcocks)
– Robert Yeo (see below)
– Francis Yeo (1736–1812)
– Mary Yeo (baptised 1738, married John Diment).
Robert Yeo (1734–1808, son of William Yeo and Mary Dunford) married Susanna Down at Merton in 1765. They had seven children:
– Mary Yeo (baptised 1765)
– Margaret Yeo (1767–1783)
– Elizabeth Yeo (baptised 1769, died as a child)
– Robert Yeo (see below)
– William Yeo (baptised 1780, did he marry Grace Marden at Ideford in 1806?)
– Francis Yeo (baptised 1782, married Mary Piper, three children)
– Richard Yeo (baptised 1786, married Susanna Pilliphant, eleven children).
Robert Yeo (1779–1848, son of Robert Yeo and Susanna Down) married Agnes Bews at Merton in 1817. They baptised eight children there:
– Mary Anne Yeo (baptised 1815, died as an infant)
– Robert Yeo (1820–1910, married Elizabeth Risdon, emigrated to Ontario, fourteen children)
– Susanna Yeo (1822–1910, married John Diment, died in Ontario)
– Jane Yeo (1824–1849, illegitimate son John Yeo born 1847)
– Rebecca Yeo (baptised 1827, died as an infant)
– Rebecca Yeo (1828–1916, emigrated to Ontario, married James Hooper)
– William Yeo (1831–1919, emigrated to Ontario, married Jane Risdon, six children)
– George Yeo (baptised 1834, married Charlotte Atfield, four daughters).
If you can add to or correct the information shown, please use the Contact Us page to send us a message.