William Yeo (1734–1786) was baptised at Lyneham, Witshire to parents Daniel Yeo and Elizabeth Townsend. He married Jane Andrews at Malmesbury in 1763; they had nine children, of whom Jane and Daniel were baptised at Malmesbury and the other seven children at Christian Malford:
– William Yeo (see below)
– Elizabeth Yeo (baptised 1765, married John Herring)
– Jane Andrews Yeo (baptised 1767)
– Thomas Yeo (baptised 1769, died as an infant)
– Thomas Yeo (baptised 1771, married Jane Radcliff, two children)
– Daniel Yeo (baptised 1772, had two children with his wife Mary)
– Joseph Yeo (baptised 1774, died as an infant)
– Jacob Yeo (1778–1813)
– James Yeo (baptised 1781).
William Yeo (baptised 1764 at Christian Malford, son of William Yeo and Jane Andrews) married Sarah Salmon at Christian Malford in 1787. They baptised ten children there:
– Jane Yeo (baptised 1787, son George Yeo, see below)
– Ann Yeo (1789–1807)
– William Yeo (baptised 1793)
– Elizabeth Yeo (baptised 1793)
– Daniel Yeo (baptised 1799, died as an infant)
– Joseph Yeo (baptised 1799, married Elizabeth Baker, five children)
– James Yeo (see below)
– Mary Yeo (baptised 1805)
– Ann Yeo (baptised 1808)
– Jacob Yeo (1811–1885).
James Yeo (1799–1877, son of William Yeo and Sarah Salmon) was baptised at Christian Malford. He married Fanny Alexander in 1828; they had three children:
– Amelia Yeo (1829–1895, married Henry Gingell)
– John James Yeo (see below)
– William Alexander Yeo (1835–1877, moved to London, married Frances Esther Hubbard, eight children including Frank Yeo).
George Yeo (1809–1873, son of Jane Yeo) married Susanna Townsend at Christian Malford in 1832. Their four daughters were born in Sutton Benger, Wiltshire before they moved to London [note 1]:
– Julia Yeo (born 1836, died as an infant)
– Emilia Yeo (1839–1898)
– Louisa Yeo (born 1842)
– Fanny Yeo (1849–1898, married Alfred Hastings Davis).
John James Yeo (born 1832, son of James Yeo and Fanny Alexander), married Ann Hinton [note 2] at Lyneham in 1856. They moved to London, where they had five children:
– John Alexander Yeo (born 1858)
– Annie Yeo (born 1861)
– James Yeo (see below)
– Amy Yeo (born 1871)
– Ellen Maud Yeo (born 1873).
James Yeo (born 1866, son of John James Yeo and Ann Hinton) married Jessie Mary Elizabeth Willetts in London in 1888. They had three children:
– John James Yeo (born 1893)
– James Frederick J. Yeo (born 1896)
– Alexander Montague Yeo (1904–2005, married Queenie Vera Frank in 1927, no recorded children).
If you can add to or correct this information, please use the Contact Us page.
1. The 1861 census shows the family at 6 Margaret Terrace in Bayswater. George Yeo is a 50-year-old smith, his wife Susannah is 49 and their unmarried daughters Emily (age 22), Louisa (20) and Fanny (11) are listed with them.
2. Annie might have been born with the surname Yeo. Further research required.