William Yeo (1764–1824), was a grandson of William Yeo and Wilmot Aller of Sampford Courtenay. He married Ann Dawes at Black Torrington in 1791; their eight children were baptised at Sampford Courtenay:
– Jane Yeo (baptised 1792)
– Ann Yeo (baptised 1799)
– William Yeo (1800–1801)
– John Yeo (baptised 1802, may have married Hannah Cole at Taunton)
– Mary Yeo (baptised 1803)
– William Yeo (see below)
– Mary Yeo (baptised 1807)
– Elizabeth Yeo (baptised 1809).
William then married Mary Freeman at Bridgwater on 11 June 1812. The record of their marriage, from the register kept at the parish church of St Mary, records him as a bachelor, so was this a error or did he marry bigamously? The marriage was by licence; William and Mary’s three children were baptised at Bridgwater:
– George Yeo (see George Yeo and Hannah Pierce)
– Maria Yeo (1816–1898, married Charles Billings)
– Mary Ann Yeo (baptised 1822).
William Yeo (1764–1824, son of William Yeo and Mary Freeman) married Ann Dawes at Black Torrington. They lived at Sampford Courtenay, where they baptised eight children there between 1792 and 1809. These children included:
– John Yeo (baptised 1802, moved to Taunton, married Hannah Cole, eight children)
– William Yeo (see below).
William Yeo (baptised in 1805 at Sampford Courtenay, son of William Yeo and Ann Dawes) married Jane Brealy in 1835. They had five children:
– Sarah Yeo (born 1836, married John Lovell)
– Elizabeth Yeo (born 1839)
– William Yeo (born 1841, married Susan Westlake, five children)
– Mary Ann Yeo (born 1843, married John Horne)
– John Yeo (1847–1903, married Elizabeth Watkins Blatchford at Moretonhampstead in 1870, children William James Yeo, Ellen Yeo, Ernest John Yeo, Mabel Yeo). Did John and Elizabeth also have a son John? See John Yeo and Catherine Lee.
If you can add to or correct the information shown, please use the Contact Us page.