Richard Yeo, the fourth of fourteen children of Richard Yeo and Honor Bynes, was baptised at Holsworthy in 1742. For his older brother William see William Yeo and Ann Hancock.
Richard married Petronella Tossell at Pilton in 1765 and had seven children:
– Mary Yeo (1766–1770)
– Mary Yeo (baptised at Pilton 1770, married Cornelius Copley)
– Honour Yeo (1776–1798, married William Joseph Williams)
– Richard Yeo (1778–1837, married Elizabeth Davey, two sons)
– Ann Yeo (1780–1786)
– Thomas Yeo (see below)
– Ann Yeo (1786–1837, married Francis Baker, died while emigrating to America).
Thomas Yeo (1782–1839, son of Richard Yeo and Petronella Tossell) married Elizabeth Shapland at Swimbridge in 1838. They lived at Swimbridge, had eight children and emigrated with them to New South Wales:
– Mary Ann Yeo (1837–1893, married John Russell)
– John Yeo (see John Yeo and Ellen Walters)
– James Yeo (born 1841, married Mary Alice Whitton, twelve children)
– Thomas Yeo (1844–1922, married Margaret Jackson, nine children)
– Henry Yeo (1846–1867)
– George Yeo (1847–1908, married Lydia Whitton, seven children)
– William Yeo (born 1849, married Emily Kirby, no recorded children)
– Michael Yeo (born 1851).
If you can add to or correct the information, shown, please let us know via the Contact Us page.