William Thomas Yeo (1882–1965) was born at St Germans to parents John Yeo and Eleanor Mary Quant. The 1901 census records the family at Higher Trenode, Morval. William has an older sister Emily Yeo [note 1], who is working as a domestic servant.
William married Ellen Amelia Mutton in 1911 [note 2] and they emigrated to the United States. Their 1911 immigration record from Ellis Island shows their home as Trenode, St Germans, and that they had sailed from Southampton on the SS Adriatic. They arrived on 13 April. William is detailed on the passenger list as a 28-year-old carpenter and his destination as New York. With him is his wife Ellen Amelia Yeo, age 27.
William and Ellen moved to California, where they had five children:
– Dorothy Ellen Yeo (1913–1998, married Thomas Perkins)
– William John Yeo (1914–1984, married Myrtle Bargalotti in 1936)
– Bernice Amelia Yeo (born 1917, married Sydney Coleman)
– Barbara Mary Yeo (1918–1992, married Harold Reivara in 1941)
– Norman Charles Yeo (1928–2003, married Anne Nauheim in 1967).
The 1940 census records the family at 332 Kent Avenue, San Rafael.
If you can add to or correct this information, please use the Contact Us page.
1. Emily Rosina Yeo (1878–1954, married Albert Curtis in 1907).
2. Marriage registered at Liskeard in the first quarter of the year.