James Yeo was baptised at Parkham in 1801. His line of descent can be traced to William Yeo and Frances Cliffe of Merton thanks to research done by Sheila in 2008.
James married Elizabeth Braund at Milton Damerel in 1826 and died at Holsworthy in 1882. James and Elizabeth’s fourteen children were born at Milton Damerel:
– Peggy Yeo (1826–1895)
– John Yeo (baptised 1827, died as a child)
– Mary Yeo (1829–1898)
– John Yeo (see below)
– Sally Yeo (1832–1858)
– George Yeo (1834–1880, married Elizabeth Kelly, five children including William James Yeo)
– Francis Yeo (1836–1846)
– James Yeo (see below)
– Elizabeth Ann Yeo (1840–1914, married George Wonnacott)
– William Yeo (baptised 1842, died while travelling to Canada)
– Thomas Francis Yeo (see below)
– Rhoda Yeo (1846–1867)
– Francis Yeo (1850–1923, emigrated to Canada in 1858 and married Ellen Tinning, son Francis Yeo 1873–1938)
– Harriet Yeo (baptised 1851).
John Yeo (1831–1917, son of James Yeo and Elizabeth Braund) married Mary Anne Daniel Wonnacott and had eight children before emigrating to Ontario. Their children included:
– Eusebius Yeo (born 1853, emigrated with his parents, married Elizabeth Agnes Taylor at Innerkip, Ontario in 1875, four children)
– Albert Yeo (born 1856, emigrated with his parents, married Elizabeth Ann Graham in Toronto in 1876, two sons)
– William Daniel Yeo (1863–1936, emigrated with his parents, married Jemima Brown, eight children)
– John James Yeo.
James Yeo (1837–1911, son of James Yeo and Elizabeth Braund) emigrated to Ontario in 1857, and married twice. There were no children from his marriage to Grace Holtby. From his marriage to Susan Glover at Port Stanley, Ontario in 1873 there were nine children:
– Ruth Yeo (born c1873)
– William Yeo (1874–1953, married Elizabeth Hurley, one daughter)
– John Yeo (1876–1938)
– Elizabeth Yeo (born 1878, died as a child)
– Mary Yeo (1881–1959, married surname Ross)
– James Yeo (1883–1954, married Susannah Edith Pearl Rogers, four children)
– George Yeo (1885–1939)
– Francis Yeo (1887–1971, married Alice Rowell, three children)
– Thomas Yeo (born 1890, died as an infant).
Thomas Francis Yeo (1844–1926, son of James Yeo and Elizabeth Braund) was born at Milton Damerel. He emigrated to Ontario in 1963, and married twice. From his 1866 marriage to Sybella George there were four children:
– William Thomas Yeo (born 1870)
– Rhoda Elizabeth Yeo (born 1873, married Judson McCarthy)
– James John Yeo (1875–1962, married Lottie Mae Jones, two children)
– Rose Yeo (born 1883)
and from his 1892 marriage to Susan Elizabeth Jenney there were another seven:
– Frank Lesley Yeo (1892–1924, married Elizabeth Campbell, no recorded children)
– Hazel Blanche Yeo (1894–1984, married Frank Dingle)
– Cora Lilian Yeo (born 1896, married Arthur Withenshaw)
– Lloyd Garfield Yeo (1898–1917 [note 1])
– Bertram Reginald Yeo (1900–1952, married Florence Verrell, two children)
– Harold Everett Yeo (1902–1929)
– Clarence William Yeo (1903–1960, married Margaret Reed, four children).
If you are related to this family or can add to or correct the information shown above, please let us know via the Contact Us page.
1. Lloyd was based at at Shorncliffe in Kent while serving with the Canadian Reserve Cavalry Regiment; he there died during a bombing raid on 25 May 1917. Sheila discovered much about his life from a family letter sent to his fiancée Mabel Jones and from members of The Shorncliffe Trust.