Richard Yeo was baptised at Stratton in 1749 to parents Robert Yeo and Elizabeth Elliot. He married Susanna Spry at Whitstone in 1774; they had three children:
– Richard Yeo (see below)
– Elizabeth Yeo (baptised at North Petherwin in 1776, married John Woolley at St Andrew, Plymouth in 1801, died in 1839)
– Susanna Yeo (baptised at North Petherwin in 1778).
Richard Yeo (baptised at Boyton in 1775, son of Richard Yeo and Susanna Spry) married Elizabeth Caseley at Stoke Damerel in 1805. They baptised eight children at Ide:
– Ann Yeo (baptised 1806)
– Susanna Yeo (1807–1872, moved to London and married Adrian Gane Sherman)
– Robert Yeo (1809–1886, moved to London and married Mary Buck, no recorded children)
– Richard Yeo (see below)
– Samuel Yeo (1813–1864, married Jane Ward, no recorded children)
– William Yeo (see below)
– Julia Yeo (baptised 1816, moved to London and married Henry Fleetwood)
– John Yeo (1818–1882, married Mary Ann Williams and moved to London, two children)
Elizabeth died in 1818 and Richard married Elizabeth Wills [note 1]; they baptised six children at Ide:
– Elizabeth Yeo (1820–1900, married John Harris and later emigrated to the United States)
– Thomas Yeo (baptised 1821)
– Martha Yeo (baptised 1823)
– Ann Yeo (1824–1828)
– Maria Yeo (baptised 1826)
– Philip Yeo (1832–1833).
Richard Yeo (1811–1878, son of Richard Yeo and Elizabeth Caseley) married twice and lived at Drayton House, Ealing. He first married Eliza Brimicombe in Torquay in 1840; they had two daughters:
– Elizabeth Emily Yeo (1844–1862)
– Alice Mary Yeo (born 1847, died as a child)
Eliza died in 1863; Richard then married Catherine Forster in Gloucestershire in 1866. They had eight children:
– Richard Forster Yeo (1867–1931, married Mabel Florence McQueen in 1931, no recorded children [note 2])
– Robert Arthur Yeo (1869–1899, died in Western Australia)
– Katherine Mary Yeo (1869–1947, married Harold Stuart Tew)
– Marion Ada Yeo (1870–1954, married Edwin James Johnstone)
– Charles Harding Yeo (1871–1883)
– Ethel Maud Yeo (1872–1933, married Charles Copeman)
– Henry Reginald Yeo (see below)
– Dorothy Louisa Yeo (1877–1946, married George Glencairn Cunningham in 1903).
Richard died at Drayton House in 1878 and left a will. Catherine survived him; she married George Henslow in 1881.
William Yeo (1815–1894, son of Richard Yeo and Elizabeth Caseley) moved to London, where he married Louisa Diana Tyson in 1851. They had seven children:
– William Richard Yeo (1852–1943, married Jane Smith in 1887, no recorded children)
– Henry George Frederick Yeo (born 1854, died as an infant)
– Bertha Louisa Yeo (1856–1899, married John Bethell Evans)
– Annie Mary Yeo (born 1859)
– Frank Augustus Yeo (born 1861)
– Richard Yeo (born 1861)
– Hartley Yeo (1865–1900, married Elizabeth Constance Jonas, no recorded children).
Henry Reginald Yeo (1875–1942, son of Richard Yeo and Susanna Spry) was educated at Clare College, Oxford and became a Church of England minster. He married twice; there were two children from his 1901 marriage to French-born Lilian Cave de Carteret:
– Richard de Carteret Yeo (1904–1981, married Pamela Margaret Pigott in Wiltshire in 1938 and emigrated to Rhodesia, four children)
– Lilian Dorothy Yeo (1905–1979, married Philip Austin Selborne Stringer)
Lilian died in 1905, and Richard married Georgiana Dorothea Mosley two years later. They had three children:
– Robert Mosley Yeo (1909–1955, died in South Africa, no recorded children) [note 3]
– John Henry Yeo (1911–1957, married Olive Maude Beater, six children)
– Helen Zina Yeo (1914–1980, married William Flint Beckwith in 1938).
If you you have any links to this family, or can add to or correct the information shown above, please use the Contact Us page.
1. At Holy Trinity, Exeter in 1820 – confirmation of this marriage is needed.
2. Richard was educated at Harrow and at Christ’s College Oxford. The 1891 census records him at Drayton House, Ealing with his sisters Katherine, Marion, Ethel and Dorothy. The head of the household is their step-father George Henslow. Richard died in Berkshire, from a shooting accident.
3. Confirmation of Robert’s marriage to Stella Court (probably in South Africa) is needed.