Charles Henry John Yeo (1884–1945) was the elder of two sons of John Yeo and Charlotte Widger. He was born in Plymouth on 14 August 1864 but moved to Kent, where he married Frances Elizabeth Baker in 1891.
Charles and Frances had six children:
– Alice Lilian Yeo (1893–1976, married Albert Charles Tilley)
– Charles Sidney Yeo (see below)
– Grace Ivy Florence Yeo (1903–1977, married Horace Jones and Charles Burrows)
– Clara Yeo (1907–2000, married Ernest Frederick Smith?)
– Violet May Yeo (1916–1916)
– Percival Kitchener Yeo (1916–1918)
The 1911 census records the family at 10 Temple Street in Strood; Charles is a 46-year-old house painter; his wife, recorded as Elizabeth, is 39 and children Alice age (18), Charles (14, an ‘errand boy’), Gracie (8) and Clara (3) are also listed.
The 1939 Register records the Charles and Frances at 13 Bardell Terrace in Rochester. Charles is a 75-year-old painter and Frances is 66. Nearby at 15 Bardell Terrace are Winifred Harbour, born in 1870 as Winifred Fathers, and her husband Robert Harbour, a retired railway porter. Frances died in 1941, and Charles married Winifred Harbour née Fathers the following year. He died in Kent in three years later.
Charles Sidney Yeo (1897–1941, son of Charles Henry John Yeo and Frances Elizabeth Baker) married Margery Lyon in Liverpool in 1916. They had four children:
– Majorie Yeo (born 1916)
– Kenneth Yeo (born 1919, married Mildred Emily Jones, six children)
– Molly Frances Yeo (born 1921)
– Charles Peter Yeo (1931–1965).
If you are related to this family, or can add to or correct the information shown, please use the Contact Us page.