Alfred Yea appears to have born illegitimately to Eliza Yea at Taunton in 1851. He married Catherine Margaret Ashton in London in 1882.
The 1911 census for Lower Beeding in Sussex records them living at the village hall, where 59-year-old Alfred is the caretaker. Catherine is 58 and two unmarried sons are living with them: Alfred (29, a gardener) and Charles (21, a carpenter). Also in the household is their 17-year-old nephew William Ashton.
Alfred and Catherine’s six children were born in Gosport:
– Alfred Richard John Yea (1882–1913)
– Elizabeth Margaret Yea (1884–1964, married William Thomas Hill in 1906)
– William James Yea (1885–1945, married Christina Vera Smith in London in 1925, two sons)
– Hubert Ashton Yea (1887–1947, married Agnes Mary Langridge at Worthing in 1910, three children)
– Charles Venning Yea (1890–1957, married Edith Esther Bromham at Bromley in 1939, three sons)
– Kate Mildred Yea (1892–1893).
Alfred Yea died at Horsham in 1930; Catherine survived him by thirteen years.
If you you are related to this family, or can add to or correct the information shown above, please use the Contact Us page.