Much of the information about this couple pre-dates the introduction of parish registers and the main source of information is the Visitations.
John Yeo was born about 1509. He was the only son of Nicholas Yeo and Jane Loveis. John and Ann had at least four children:
– Arminella Yeo (married William Weeks)
– Robert Yeo (buried at Hatherleigh in 1582, married Mary Giffard, two sons)
– Leonard Yeo (moved to North Petherwin, married twice and had four children, buried at North Petherwin in 1624)
– John Yeo (c1555–c1648), who married Joan Kempthorne at Morwenstow in 1649
– Edmund Yeo (who did not marry and who might have been the Edward Yeo of Jacobstow referred to in a 1587 transaction relating to land at Shebbear)
and possibly three others:
– Joan Yeo
– Mary Yeo
– William Yeo, who married Agnes Savery and had six children, see William Yeo and Agnes Savery.
To discuss this this line, please use the Contact Us page.