Thomas Yeo, baptised at Buckland Brewer in 1804 to parents William Yeo and Mary Dayman, married Mary Elliot at Milton Damerel in 1829. They had eight children and farmed at Milton Damerel for many years, later moving to west Cornwall. Their children were:
– Henry Yeo (see Henry Yeo and Jane Dunn)
– Thomas Yeo (see Thomas Yeo and Grace Glover)
– John Yeo (1835–1922, married Lavinia Roberts, three children)
– William Yeo (see below)
– James Yeo (see James Yeo and Mary Ann Mitchell)
– Ann Yeo (born 1845 at Milton Damerel)
– Elizabeth Yeo (born 1848 at Milton Damerel)
– Sarah Yeo (born 1850 at Milton Damerel, married Thomas Odgers).
The censuses of 1841 and 1851 record Thomas and Mary at Little Derworthy, Milton Damerel. The 1881 census records them at Reskadinnick, Camborne – Thomas is an agricultural labourer and their daughter Sarah Odgers is listed with them.
William Yeo (born 1839 at Milton Damerel, son of Thomas Yeo and Mary Elliot) married Grace Bray in 1861. They had three children in Cornwall before emigrating with them to the United States:
– John Yeo (1863–1913)
– Bessie Yeo (1864–1953, married Albert Daniels)
– Susan Jennie Yeo (1874–1957, married Charles Blanche).
William, a miner, died in Lebo, New Jersey in 1874 at the age of 37. Grace re-married in 1896.
If you are related to this family or can add to or correct the information shown above, please let us know via the Contact Us page.