George Yeo (1806–1874), was baptised at St Giles in the Wood, an illegitimate son of Ann Yeo, the sixth daughter of Thomas Yeo [note 1] and Ann Cudmore of Great Torrington. George’s mother Ann later married Joseph Williams.
George married Margery Cook at St Giles in the Wood in 1834 [note 2]; they had twelve children, including:
– William Cooke Yeo (born in 1839 at St Giles in the Wood, married Elizabeth Ann Glanfield, moved to Yorkshire, six children)
– John Yeo (1841–1869, married Grace Glover, three children, moved to south Wales)
– George Yeo (1855–1930, emigrated to Ontario, married Sarah Jane Williams, four children)
– Augustus Yeo (born 1858 at St Giles in the Wood, moved to Yorkshire, married Sarah Margaret Williamson, four children).
If you can add to or correct the information shown, please use the Contact Us page.
1. Baptised at Great Torrington on 25 July 1739.
2. Some researchers show George and Margery as having emigrated to the United States, but as George’s death was registered in Devon in 1874 this seems unlikely.