These resources include photographs, wills, baptisms, marriages, burials and civil registration records.
Baptism, marriage and burial records (England and Wales)
Revised and expanded sets of baptism and burial records are now included, containing many additional records:
– Several hundred from counties outside Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Wiltshire
– Several hundred records of events after 1837
– More than 600 records for surname variants
– Over 50 records previously transcribed as Geo, Jeo, Yem or Yes and overlooked by Yeo researchers
– Records from nonconformist burial yards and municipal cemeteries.
To accompany these baptism and burial records, a revised and expanded set of marriage records is under development.
The new data sets are fully searchable by forename and date. They have been collated from transcriptions made from the register entries, and from earlier transcriptions made by Humphrey Toms, Reg Walter, J.W. Bastin, Sheila Yeo, Nick Heard, Gill Badcock, David Carter, Steve Hobbs, Janet Few, Mary Elizabeth Jessie Yeo, Beryl Smedley, Alan Richards, Rachel Daine, J.L. Vivian, Phillimore’s Marriage Registers, Boyd’s Marriage Index, the IGI, various county family history societies, and several members of the online parish clerk scheme. They represent the most comprehensive set of Yeo and variant transcriptions ever assembled. Because the information recorded by these different transcribers is presented in various styles, the collated data will inevitably not follow a consistent layout. Some of the transcribers have entered surnames in capital letters.
Please Contact Us if you cannot find a record you are seeking.
Civil registration records (England and Wales)
Revised and expanded birth, marriage and death records are now available. They supplement and expand on the data sets published by Sheila in PDF format in 2006 that were based on transcriptions made by her and by Bert Street. The searchable data now includes:
– Records for events after 2006 [note 1]
– More than 1900 records for surname variants
– Records including Yeo or a variant as a forename
– Records for women whose birth surname was not Yeo.
If, based on one of the records, you decide to order a birth, marriage or death certificate from the GRO, you will need the volume and page number, which you can look up on the GRO web site, Ancestry or FindMyPast. When you receive the certificate, please Contact Us if the details on it differ from those we show.
We have been able to include over 930 records for Yeo and variant births, baptisms, marriages, deaths and burials in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Gibraltar, India, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Persia, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, the United States and West Germany. Please use the Contact Us page if you can add to or comment on these records.
Also Contact Us if you have questions about the information that was available on Sheila Yeo’s former web site. The site is no longer accessible, but we have copies of all the pages, illustrations and complied data.
1. Births registered after 1983 and marriages registered after 1993 are not displayed in search results. See the relevant pages for notes on these later registration records.