Robert Yeo married Sarah Leworthy at St Peter, Barnstaple in 1797. They were both under 21 and the parish register shows that they married with the consent of their parents.
Sarah’s parents John Edwards and Ann Leworthy had married in 1820. John – originally from Northam – had previously married Susannah Yeo (at Holy Trinity, Ilfracombe in 1794). Susannah had died in 1819.
If you can add to or correct the information shown, please let us know via the Contact Us page.
Were Robert’s parents William Yeo and Susan Coates, who married at Holy Trinity, Ilfracombe in 1764?
Might there be a connection to any of these people?
– Joan Leworthy, who married Samuel Yeo at Stoke Rivers in 1791 and was buried at Loxhore in 1861
– John Leworthy Yeo, born about 1806, who married Ann Bright in 1851 and died in 1881 at the age of 74 (see Creek or Greek?)
– John Leworthy Yeo, born at Clifton, Glocestershire in 1847 (see Creek or Greek?)
– Harry Leworthy Yeo, born at Clifton in 1883
– Lottie Leworthy, who married William Henry Yeo at Swimbridge in 1911