Yeos in the Clergy
Researcher David Yaw has pointed out that more than a dozen men called Yeo studied at university and became minsters of the Church of England. Humphrey Toms and Reg Walter listed a similar number during their research in the 1960s and 1970s.
Useful sources of information are:
– Alumni Oxoniensis: the members of the University of Oxford, 1500–1714, published in four volumes by Parker and Co of Oxford between 1887 and 1892
– Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715–1886, published in four volumes by Parker and Co of Oxford in 1888 (both edited by Joseph Foster)
– Alumni Cantabrigiensis, Part I [up to 1751] and Part II [1752 to 1900], both edited by J. and J.A. Venn and published by Cambridge University Press in 1927
– Alumni Dublinenses, a Register of the Students, Graduates, Professors and Provosts of Trinity College in the University of Dublin (1593–1860), edited by George Dames Burtchaell and Thomas Ulick Sadleir and published by Trinity College Dublin in 1935
– The Clergy of the Church of England Database at https://theclergydatabase.org.uk
Please use the Contact Us tab if you have or think you might have Yeo ancestors from the clergy or from later nonconformist denominations.